The MSc Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme provides a thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement and e-procurement, warehousing and stores management, transportation and shipping, inventory planning and contract management within an overall Supply Chain context. Read the brochure...
This programme will
• Challenge you academically.
• Provide you with advanced skills and knowledge so you can contribute to the supply chain and logistics industries.
• Prepare you for a managerial, consulting or operational role in the international supply chain and logistics industries.
• Equip you to effectively and efficiently perform tasks relevant to the organisation or organisations involved with the international supply chain and logistics industries.
• Develop your ability to work effectively in teams and independently, to evaluate critically and communicate effectively with respect to issues in the international supply chain and logistics industry and to recognise good practice in the analysis, planning and management of supply chains and logistics and associated services.
• Develop your understanding of research methods and their application to a wide range of international supply chain and logistics problems. Professional Accreditation
• Accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
• The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) offers full membership to students on completion and graduation from the MSc programme The Course Content Module Information... Teaching & Assessment
Teaching is predominantly via lectures. Teaching and learning is supported by tutorials, seminars, practical classes, case studies and projects.
Extensive use is made of the University's Virtual Learning Environment - Blackboard. All students have access to this university network from anywhere in the world.
The assessment will consist of:
• In-course assignments and project work will be the basis of continuous development and will encompass case study analysis and report writing.
• Examinations which will test the ability to retain relevant knowledge and apply it under managed conditions.
• Examinations will use discursive essay topics, problems to solve, and case study analysis.
The dissertation element offers a further opportunity for students to apply their knowledge and skills in a less structured environment. Graduates
Recent graduate destinations include positions with Rolls-Royce plc, Toyota, BASF, Ernst & Young, CitiBank.
Within these organisations graduates have taken up positions as inventory analysts, procurement officers and managers shipping managers, warehouse controllers and managers, transport managers, logistics managers and supply chain managers. Peter Hahn (Germany) says...
"I have been successful in obtaining a position as a trainee procurement manager for Siemens and feel that your course gave me a very thorough grounding.
"I felt very well prepared in Procurement and Supply chain topics which were an important part of the discussions, interviews and presentations.
"I want to thank you because I feel that you prepared me very well and it is a great opportunity for me."